Last week I used Tarte’s Rainforest After Dark palette, and I can honestly say this is the toughest week yet. To be totally honest, I am not in love with this palette and wouldn’t mind if it wasn’t in my collection. I will keep it around because I did spend money on it and the shadows –are- good quality, but I definitely don’t think I will purchase another Tarte round palette again, it’s just not inspiring to me. I have actually avoided wearing makeup this week so I didn’t have to work out of it. I actually bought the Master by Mario palette released by ABH, and I am definitely in love with that one. Here are some (one swipe) swatches in natural light.
(Swatches are by own but the palette picture is from sephora.com)
This is my first ABH palette and I can honestly say I have never felt shadows this soft and buttery! There is a decent amount of powder that puffs up when you dip a brush in, but they blend very well. I would also recommend a good long lasting primer to help prevent fading. I would definitely say if this color scheme is up your alley to check it out 🙂
Though side note- maybe next year I could try to pan the tarte palette? Let me know in the comments what you think!! I am up in the air between this palette and maybe my Lorac Unzipped or UD’s Vice 3. All are palettes I don’t love, but want my money’s worth out of them.
Till next time XOXO
Sorry I missed last week; I was super busy with exams and homework all week! Last week I used the MAC warm neutral x15 and fell back in love with it! I had a lot of fun creating new looks and revisiting some of my old favorites. I even think I might finally be getting into gold eye shadows! Amber Lights was a stand out shade for me this week, normally I work out of the top row but I used this challenge to venture into new color combinations. Here are two of the looks I created:
I hope all is well with your challenges and let me know in the comments what you’re loving this week! Next week, I will be back Tarte’s Rainforest After Dark palette.
Till next time XOXO
I had a decently successful first week of my new challenge One Week/One Palette. My first week I used the Lorac Mega Pro 2, and I can honestly say it’s one of my favorites in my collection. I never feel limited using their pro line palettes. Having a bunch of matte options is definitely what makes it for me! I only wore makeup a few times out, but I did play around making different crazy looks using some of the lesser-touched shades. Though I did create some more neutral looks and this is one I wore out this week:
The liner was a little thicker than I had originally planned (isn’t that always the case?!), but I am overall happy with how this look turned out. I was wearing Lorac’s Pink Taupe pencil on the lips too 🙂
Next week I will be working in my MAC Warm Neutrals x15, and even though I will miss this palette I’m excited to see what I can come up with!
Let me know in the comments if you are planning on buying the Mega Pro 3 that comes out next month!?
Till next time XOXO
So I know it’s been literally months since I have posted, but I have decided to try and give this blog a go one more time. I lost a lot of my interest and passion in makeup for a while because I got into a rut and wasn’t feeling inspired anymore, but I decided to try some challenges to fix that! What better way to hold myself accountable than to document them on here??
I am going to start two challenges this month:
One Palette/One Week
30 Day Lipstick
I picked these two challenges because I have too many products in both categories! I have managed to reign myself in in the other areas, but these two are my favorite and I just have too many. It’s actually going to work out perfectly for the palette challenge because there are 15 weeks left in the year and I have 15 eye shadow palettes. I’ve given myself two rules 1) UD Basics (the one I have been trying to pan foreverrrrrrr) can be used everyday and 2) I don’t have to wear makeup everyday, but when I do I have to use these palettes. Every Sunday I will post my thoughts on the previous week and introduce the next week’s palette.
The second challenge, 30 Day Lipstick, is just using one lipstick per day and not repeating a product (lip liners don’t count). I will wear my sheer colors on non-makeup days and the bolder colors on days where I have a look to match! I will update my thoughts on the shades I use in a separate post 🙂
I’m so excited to get back into my love of makeup and try these challenges out, and who knows, maybe I’ll start back on the project pan train when I get into the swing of things. For this upcoming week I will be using the Lorac Mega Pro 2 palette and whichever lippie stands out to me. See my review on that palette here.
See you next time XOXO
I was able to get my hands on the just released Shade and Light blush from KVD. She put a swatch video on her snap chat and I knew I had to try atleast one of them! While I am on a low buy, I recently was accepted into a graduate program that I had worked very hard to get into and I saw this a reward for getting in! It’s all how you justify it,right?
Top row: Samson + Delilah, Hansel + Gretel, Sid + Nancy, Mickey + Mallory
Bottom row: Morticia + Gomez, Bonnie + Clyde, Piaf + Poe
When I went to Sephora the sales associate literally had to pull the testers out of a box, they weren’t even on display yet! She was telling me how everyone was looking at Piaf and Poe and that’s the one I had wanted too! Luckily I was there before they started to sell out. The next one on my list is Mortica and Gomez. It’s a deeper purple/Berry shade. There are a total of 7 shades at $25 per blush.
It comes with instructions how to use both shades to create a multidimensional look! Left to right is the darkest shade, lightest shade and then mixed.
When I swatched the blushes they felt smooth a silky. Not too powdery but not too hard that there was no kick up. I cannot wait to test this one out. Let me know in the comments which shades are on your wish list!
Till next time XOXO
So I have taken a break from makeup for the last week or two to give my skin a break. I was having some serious issues with dry patches that I had never had before so I spent some time trying new masks and creams and I think I have a decent routine figured out! I am using First Aid Beauty cleanser, ultra hydration cream, and their oatmeal mask once a week! So far I am loving those products and they have worked well for me.
Since I have my skin under control I decided why not go all out for my first look back?? I went with the trusty Lorac Pro palette on my eyes, Smashbox Contour Palette in Light, Nars Dolce Vita blush, and Cover FX highlight in Moonlight.
I primed my eyes using Lorac Behind The Scenes eye primer, NYX jumbo pencil in Milk with Foxy from my UD Basics palette all over the lid to set it. I then placed Mauve in the crease as a transition color then on the lid I did the first third in Nude and the second third in Light Bronze. I did the last third in Slate and blended that up and through the crease. I finished off the look with Nude Beach on my lips from Too Faced.
It turned out more dramatic than I had intended but I think this is a look I’ll have to keep around for future nights out!
Let me know in the comments your thoughts, till next time XOXO
I have heard this tag floating around on YouTube a whole bunch these last few days so I figured why not try another challenge?? Spring officially starts March 20th so that gives me almost 3 full months to hit 7 goals. I was reflecting on the challenges I tried throughout 2015 and I think I need to do shorter projects with easier goals to stay motivated! I’m going to start out 2016 working on some oldies but goodies that need to be rotated out.
- NYX Jumbo Pencil Milk
- UD shadow in Foxy from my Basics palette
- UD 24/7 Perversion eye liner
- Maybelline green concealer
- Anastasia Perfect Brow Pencil in Taupe
- MUFE lipstick sample in N9 Copper Pink
- Bite Duo ended lippie in Lychee
I depotted the concealer stick because it had such bad packaging. It would roll up and and down crooked and smash into the sides 😦
If you saw any of my projects from 2015 you’ll notice a few repeat products in this list. I really would like to get my money out of them before they go bad. I really do enjoy all of the products listed and would potentially (…probably…) repurchase them in the future!
Let me know in the comments if you do projects like this!
‘Till next time XOXO
In this post I want to share with you some of my favorite products from the entire year of 2015. These are products I wouldn’t hesitate to reccomend to pretty much anyone! As you can pretty much tell I really ventured into high end products, especially MAC!
- Nars blush in Dolce Vita
- Smashbox contour palette in Light
- MAC highlight in Oh Darling
- thebalm instain blush in Pinstripe
- it Cosmetics brushes
- Rimmel Stay Matte powder in 012 Buff Beige
- Makeup Forever HD loose setting powder
- MAC Black Track Fluidline
- MAC Paint Pot in Painterly
- Urban Decay mascara in Perversion
- Smashbox Primer Water
- MAC Cream in Your Coffee lipstick
- Zoya nail polish
- The Makeup Eraser
- Benefit Hoola bronzer
These are the brushes that took me away from the Beauty Blender!
This is probably my third compact of the Stay Matte Powder and I will most definitely repurchase when it’s gone.
After discovering this gel eyeliner I will never go back to liquid!
From now on my mom and I only buy Zoya polishes. They have the best formula we have ever found!
I haven’t bought makeup wipes since purchasing this.
- KVD Metal Crush eye shadow in Thunderstruck and Raw Power
- Cover FX highlight in Moonlight
- Sephora Daily Brush Cleaner
What were some of your favorite discoveries from this year?
Just like last week’s post, I have been saving my makeup empties for the entire year of 2015. You can read about my skin, hair, and body care empties here. I will tell you what I love and what I don’t after separating them into the two categories of would repurchase and would not!
- Benefit Posie Balm
- Nice tinted lip balm that I much prefer to Baby Lips!
- Mac Pro Longwear Foundation in NW20 (sample)
- After finishing what I have this will be my next purchase.
- Covergirl Ready Set Gorgeous powder foundation in 105
- Already on my second compact!
- Maybelline Great Lash clear mascara
- Cheap and gets the job done for my brows.
- Smashbox Photo Finish foundation primer
- Helped my foundation slide over dry patches. I like to use it with another matte primer in my t-zone.
- Jordana lip liner in Tawny
- Great formula and this color goes with so many lippies!
- Covergirl coverstick in 710
- Covergirl 3 in 1 foundation in 810
- Benefit Hoola bronzer
- It’s the perfect cool tone
- Benefit Stay Don’t Stray eye primer
- I bought the full size and it’s my Holy Grail primer (so far!)
- Bare Minerals Marvelous Moxie in Speak Your Mind
- Maybelline Lash Discovery
- Maybelline The Rocket
- Maybelline Lash Sensational
- Absolute favorite drugstore mascara.
- Urban Decay Perversion
- Another good mascara but I am still on the hunt for the best.
- Urban Decay Subversion
- Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes (2x)
- Would never turn down a sample of this. Love the wand and drier formula.
- NYX Hot Single in Showgirl
- Love the formula but I would pick a different color.
Would Not Repurchase:
- Becca Ever Matte primer and foundation (samples)
- I have a review on these products, they just did not work for me.
- Maybelline Dream Wonder foundation 15
- Nice product, but I have used better for a similar price.
- L’Oreal Visable Lift CC concealer Fair
- This is another product in a regrets post, I just did not enjoy it.
- L’Oreal Visable Lift CC Serum Absolute concealer
- Almay Smart Shade concealer 020
- Too Faced Hangrover RX primer
- Felt more light a light moisturizer than a primer.
- Cargo HD CC Cream in Medium (sample)
- I have a review on this product in an earlier post!
- bh Cosmetics 6 color Concealer and Corrector palette in Light
- Very creamy but it settled into lines and had a weird smell to it.
- Ulta Double Duty powder foundation in Fair
- I prefer the Covergirl one I mentioned above. This had a more powdery finish and was very yellow based.
- L’Oreal True Match Mineral powder in light ivory
- I can’t seem to find a good color match and I prefer Rimmel Stay Matte.
- L’Oreal Telescopic Carbon Black liquid eye liner
- Avon shadow stick in Bluesmok
- Just was not a practical color for me, so I decluttered it.
- Avon eye liner in midnight blue
- Not a huge fan of it’s formula. I found it to smear and transfer.
- Makeup Forever Graphic Liner
- Skipped on my lash line and did not give a line as dark as I wanted.
- Makeup Forever Smokey Extravagant mascara (2x)
- This was too dry for me and the brush was too big.
- Mirenesse Secret Weapon iCurl 24hr mascara
- This made my top and bottom lashes stick together 😦
- Rimmel gel eyeliner in purple
- It dried out very quickly and I prefer MAC’s fluid lines.
- Revlon lashes
- More expensive and worse quality than Ardele
- Revlon Precision Dark eyelash glue
- I did not like this because I am new to lashes and the dark glue would smear all over when I applied them.
- Benefit Highbeam (sample)
- Very pink and I also prefer powder highlights
- L’Oreal Color Riche liquid lipstick 101, 103
- This was sticky with a strong taste and I prefer solid hippies
- Revlon Lip Butter in Pink Truffle
- It was okay but nothing to write home about.
- Flower Cosmetics lip butter in Princess and the Peony
- Just because of the packaging alone.
- Urban Decay All Nighter Makeup Setting Spray
- I prefer Smashbox Primer Water
Let me know in the comments what you have finished this year and also if you have tried any of these products!
Till next time XOXO